Joining the software team, you will play a crucial role in the development of new versions or their software stack, consisting of a C# Windows Service and WPF Desktop Client, which interface with wireless sensor networks and an MS SQL Server Database. This will require working from end-to-end of the software development lifecycle in designing and implementing solutions.
- Analysing project requirements, alongside Project Managers and the rest of the team, to produce a design appropriate to the needs of the project and future maintainability.
- Developing applications and databases according to agreed design specifications.
- Creating, executing and documenting unit tests, automated integration tests and writing manual and end-to-end system tests.
- Documenting code and implemented functionality.
- Understanding capabilities of third-party equipment and integrating it with our systems.
Training & Progression
- A career here offers an intellectually stimulating, varied and rewarding environment where you will form a key part of a high-calibre team of engineers.
- You will have the opportunity to further develop your interests and career in a broad range of engineering disciplines (C#, embedded C, Python, PHP, SQL databases, software engineering and mechanical, electronic, ultrasonic and production engineering).
- Team members are actively encouraged to work with the support team on technical issues and to go on site to understand the customer needs and environment first hand.