The post holder will help support the finance & administration teams with a variety of tasks including: processing payments, preparing bank transactions, maintaining petty cash and other book keeping activities contributing to the proper maintenance of both the UK and the global financial accounting systems, maintenance of finance filing systems (both electronic & paper) and other ad-hoc duties as requested by members of the finance team. The post holder will also form part of the general administration team providing support for reception, post opening & franking duties.
- Process all payments made from Farm Africa’s UK office and maintain the purchase ledger
- Log invoices received, prepare payment request forms and distribute them to budget holders for authorisation.
- Enter all invoices and employee expenses claims into excel prior to their upload into the accounting system.
- Send cheques and (where requested) remittance advices to suppliers.
- Prepare bank transactions for uploading to the system
- Enter all bank transactions into Excel prior to their upload into the accounting system, including all coding requirements
- To maintain the UK finance team’s filing system, both electronically and on paper
- Maintain the UK finance system paper filing structure, ensuring that documents are filed consistently on a year on year basis and can be easily found when required.
- Maintain the structure of the UK finance data folder on the network, ensuring that documents are named and filed consistently on a year on year basis and can be easily found when required.
- File bank statements, CAF remittance, direct debit statements, creditors remittances and other financial documents on a timely basis.
- Refer all other correspondence to the relevant person.
- Administration (maximum 40% of time)
- Form part of the administration team providing support for reception (both phone & door), franking & opening of post etc.
- Work as part of the superuser group to assist colleagues with IT related issues escalating them to the IT support contractor when appropriate