Joining the product development team as a Hardware Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the development of new sensor products. This will require working from end-to-end of the product development lifecycle in designing and implementing solutions.
- Mechanical design, including modelling and producing drawings in SolidWorks and ensuring design for manufacture and reliability and ease of use.
- Designing ultrasonic transduction, including numerical and finite element modelling in ABAQUS.
- Proactively identifying customer requirements.
- Developing design ideas and producing rapid prototypes to construct a working system in the minimum amount of time.
- Detailed, thorough engineering design and analysis of prototype system and mechanical sensor attachment solutions providing commercially viable products.
- In field trialling of new product.
- Writing and executing manual test cases.
- Coding software to enable sensor electronics control and automated testing in Python.