Assuming ownership of a number of client briefs, you will be responsible for ensuring work produced is on brand, on brief, and on time.
- Contributing to client proposals, content strategies and the development of internal cost estimates and project plans.
- Creating client briefs and sample materials.
- Scheduling work to freelance resources in line with project budgets, and overseeing the creation of content to ensure a high-quality product.
- Being the lead contact (internally and with freelance editors/writers) for questions about your client briefs.
- Reporting on progress and spending to Project Managers, preparing content for clients and escalating issues as needed.
- Where required, communicating with clients to discuss their requirements and feedback, and communicating this feedback to freelancers.
- Where required, editing, fact-checking and proofreading copy.
- Mentoring, motivating and training freelance resources to ensure they consistently produce quality content, and show improvement over time through detailed feedback.
- Providing guidance on editorial best practice, and contributing towards freelance editor and writer development and engagement activities.
- In the case of non-English content, nominating a freelance “lead” to perform the above responsibilities, and overseeing their progress and performance.